SPONSORED BY CHEMICAL COMPUTING GROUP
SMi are proud to present the 13th annual Advances and Progress in Drug Design conference, convening in Central London on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 February 2014. This exciting event will focus on new approaches and will offer attendees the chance to hear from leading industry experts on lead optimisation strategies, SBDD and FBDD.
Past events have received positive feedback from the industry including ‘Well selected talks, stimulating atmosphere’ – Sanofi, ‘Very good interactive meeting, overall excellent’ – Pfizer and‘a very good meeting – right number of people’ – AstraZeneca
Advances and Progress in Drug Design Conference will build on the success of our previous events and bring together a unique mix of senior executives from all over industry and academia and will be an unrivalled forum for problem-solving discussion and debate.
Benefits of Attending:
• Understand pharma’s current and future drug design strategies and highlight the challenges the industry is currently facing
• Explore the latest approaches in structure-based drug design
• Evaluate lead optimisation strategies
• Consider the latest in fragment based drug discovery as the future of drug design
• Linking HTS and FBDD – examining alternative approaches in drug discovery
• Participate in two post conference interactive workshops hosted by Vernalis on New Approaches in ‘Structure Based Design’, and the 2nd hosted by The Research Network on ‘Chemically Modified Biologicals’
• Ample opportunity for peer to peer networking with two morning coffee breaks, two networking lunches, two afternoon tea sessions and a networking drinks reception hosted by Chemical Computing Group on end of day one.
Key Speakers for 2014
• John Mathias, Head of Medicinal Chemistry – Inflammation & Remodelling, Pfizer
• Sudharsan Sridharan, Scientist, MedImmune
• Tom Heightman, Senior Director, Astex Pharmaceuticals
• Amaury Ernesto Fernandez-Montalvan, Lab Head, High Throughput Screening, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals
• Karl-Heinz Baringhaus, Head of R&D, Sanofi-Aventis
• Andreas Kuglstatter, Head of Protein Crystallography, Roche ChemischeUnternehmungen AG
• Dr Neil Press, Director, Novartis
• Paul Labute, CEO, Chemical Computing Group
• Andrea Bortolato, Senior Computational Chemistry, Heptares Therapeutics
• Paul Brennan, Group Head/PI, Nuffield Department of Medicine