Lonza will unveil PyroTec™ PRO, the first-ever fully automated, plate-based robotic solution for endotoxin detection at SLAS2019 International Conference and Exhibition (2-6 February, Washington, DC, USA).
Integrated with the latest version of Lonza’s proprietary dynamic control WinKQCL™ 6.0 Software platform, the new system has been designed to meet the needs of rapidly changing requirements of QC testing laboratories for fully automated processing of simple to complex sample matrices.
At Booth #749 Lonza’s experts will provide specialist consultation along with live product demonstrations showcasing the unique benefits of the PyroTec™ PRO Automated Solution. As a powerful combination of robotic liquid-handling technology with an automation software module, the system:
- improves data integrity organically with the capture of new metadata from the automated preparation, adding traceability into tracking, trending and audit controls
- takes any new and existing templates and dynamically “script” the instructions to an automation template with relatively minimal effort from the end user, regardless of how complex the sample type or testing requirements
- enhances assay robustness and reproducibility for increased confidence in the accuracy and precision of results
- significantly reduces manual intervention, simplifying QC testing workflows and eliminating the human error potential
- reduces re-test rates, as well as out-of-specification and out-of-trend deviations, thereby improving the laboratory’s performance
- integrates with laboratory information management systems or Lonza’s MODA™ Solution, facilitating fully paperless workflows and traceability of sample lifecycle
- offers considerable cost savings compared with conventional cartridge-based systems, which require the use of expensive reagents
- aligns with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) Process Analytical Technology Initiative and Data Integrity requirements and is fully compliant with the U.S. Pharmacopeia Bacterial Endotoxin Test guidance
“The introduction of the PyroTec™ PRO Automated Robotic Solution and WinKQCL™ 6.0 Software marks a milestone in endotoxin detection, allowing pharmaceutical manufacturers to replace manual, error-prone processes with a fully automated solution,” said Robert Porzio, Product Manager for Endotoxin Detection at Lonza. “We look forward to demonstrating at SLAS2019 how the system can elevate endotoxin testing to a whole new level of efficiency, regardless of the complexity of sample/diluent types and analytical requirements.”
Further information can be found at Lonza’s Booth #749 at SLAS2019, 2-6 February or via www.lonza.com/endotoxin-automation
Lonza is one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. As an integrated solutions provider, Lonza is boosting its value creation along and beyond the healthcare continuum with a strong focus on patient healthcare, consumer preventive healthcare and consumer’s healthy environment. Lonza harnesses science and technology to create products that support safer and healthier living and that enhance the overall quality of life. With the recent Capsugel acquisition, Lonza now offers products and services from the custom development and manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients to innovative dosage forms for the pharma and consumer health and nutrition industries.
Benefiting from its regulatory expertise, Lonza is able to transfer its know-how from pharma to hygiene and fast-moving consumer goods all the way to coatings and composites and the preservation and protection of agricultural goods and other natural resources. Founded in 1897 in the Swiss Alps, Lonza today is a well-respected global company with more than 100 sites and offices and approximately 14,500 full-time employees worldwide. The company generated sales of CHF 5.1 billion in 2017 with a CORE EBITDA of CHF 1.3 billion. Further information can be found at http://www.lonza.com