Close

New Zealand signs deal with Pfizer, BioNTech for Covid-19 vaccine

Note* - All images used are for editorial and illustrative purposes only and may not originate from the original news provider or associated company.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access the Media Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back

Related stories

$2 Billion Expansion By J&J in North Carolina Facility

Johnson & Johnson on August 21, 2025, went on...

Pharma Sector Reactions to US-EU Trade Framework Deal

The United States and the EU have, on August...

Chinese Pharmaceutical Firms Turn to Local Reagent Suppliers

The Chinese pharmaceutical firms are increasingly looking out for...

Trump Executive Order to Cover 26 Drugs Critical to Health

US president Donald Trump has gone on to direct...

The New Zealand government signed a deal on Monday to buy 1.5 million COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer Inc and Germany’s BioNTech, with delivery potentially as early as the first quarter of 2021.

The government did not disclose financial terms of the deal, its first vaccine purchase, which will provide enough doses to vaccinate 750,000 people. Officials said talks were continuing with other drug companies to secure more vaccine supplies for the country of 5 million people and further announcements were expected next month.

“The additional agreements will ensure that once the portfolio is completed, we will have sufficient COVID-19 vaccines for the whole population,” Research Minister Megan Woods said in a statement.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is one of the leading candidates in the race to be the first to get regulatory approval in the United States and Europe.

New Zealand appeared to have stamped out community transmission of COVID-19 earlier this year following a tough nationwide lockdown. A renewed outbreak in the city of Auckland in August was also brought under control with fresh lockdown measures.

The country has reported just over 1,500 cases, including 25 deaths, far less than most other developed nations.

Latest stories

Related stories

$2 Billion Expansion By J&J in North Carolina Facility

Johnson & Johnson on August 21, 2025, went on...

Pharma Sector Reactions to US-EU Trade Framework Deal

The United States and the EU have, on August...

Chinese Pharmaceutical Firms Turn to Local Reagent Suppliers

The Chinese pharmaceutical firms are increasingly looking out for...

Trump Executive Order to Cover 26 Drugs Critical to Health

US president Donald Trump has gone on to direct...

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access theMedia Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back